There is nothing better than getting home after a long day and know you won’t have to do much to have a nice home cooked dinner ready.
This chicken can be used for absolutely everything. I dice it because it cooks faster and it is easier to use afterwards but I sometimes leave 2 or 3 thigh fillets whole. I use it to make burritos or chicken wraps, to mix with pasta or rice, to top a salad, veggies, or puff pastry as a savoury tart.
The options are endless and it makes dinner so much faster! Now that school has started and work is back in full swing we all try to find ways to have a tasty dinner on the table fast. Look no further this is the recipe you need! You can double or triple the recipe depending on how big your family is and how many different dishes you plan on making. For me alone, this is enough for 3-4 dishes.
Here is what you need:
- 4-5 chicken thigh fillets diced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic crushed (depends how much you like garlic)
- 1 bay leaf
- 150ml of white wine
- ½ tsp of paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsps of Italian herbs (or 1 tsp of oregano and 1 of basil)
- Salt and pepper to season
Heat a little bit of oil in a big pan and once it’s hot add the chicken. Let it brown and cook a little on both sides and then add the garlic, paprika and cayenne pepper. Leave it for half a minute to cook and add the wine. Since the pan will be very hot the alcohol in the wine will evaporate very quickly. Then add 2 small glasses of water and the herbs and bay leaf, season it to taste and let it simmer for around 20-30min. If it goes dry add a little bit more of water. You should still have a little bit of sauce by the end of the cooking time. The moisture of the sauce will help the little chicken pieces to cook faster and to keep them moist.
Let it completely cool before putting in a Tupperware in the fridge. It keeps for a good few days (usually it keeps a whole week if the Tupperware is closed tight).
Notes: Here are some ideas for the chicken:
- Chicken barbeque wrap – warm up in a bowl 3-4 tbsp of chicken with a couple teaspoons of bbq sauce. Add some cheese and salad and close it all in a wholemeal tortilla wrap.
- Chicken burrito – Cook some rice and add tomato sauce to it. Warm chicken with a sprinkling of Mexican mix or Cajun spices. Add beans and cheese, you could add guacamole and the usual mexican extras.
- In a sauce pan add the chicken and some tomato sauce. Once it is heated through, add to cooked pasta.
- Heat in a bowl and let it cool for a little bit, add in a sandwich. I love it with a good creamy cheese.
- Heat in the microwave and let it cool while you cut cherry tomatoes and walnuts and prepare a salad. Add all in a salad bowl and use a citrus vinaigrette (½ lemon juice, ½ orange juice, good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil).
Hope you enjoy these ideas! Let me know if you try this in the comments below or you can tweet me at @hungrylittleone. Don’t forget to Instagram me your pictures at @hungrylittleone!
I am now on bloglovin so don't forget to follow me!