I always look forward to receiving my Degustabox. Again this box did not disappoint! It had a big box of pasta and you know how much I love pasta!
It took me a while to write this review as I wanted to try all products and give you a proper review of each product.
Here is what was in the box:
- Dr Oetker mug cakes: We got 3 different flavours: rich chocolate, chocolate chip and lemon. I didn’t really like lemon and found it was a bit tasteless but rich chocolate was really yummy! Easy to make (1min 10secs in the microwave) and it tasted good. The perfect quick sweet fix.
- Life Tonics Hydration plus: we had elderberry and juniper. This is coconut water with natural fruit extracts, 5 vitamins and 4 minerals. It was good, if you like coconut water you will definitely like this and it has a refreshing fruity taste.
- Ryvita: This is a classic in my house and I have different ones in my cupboards! They are baked with wholegrain rye and are super crunchy. They are perfect for a light lunch or snack. We got crushed pepper and sesame seed and both were delicious.
- Bahlsen pick up! & choco Leibniz white: I love the Leibniz biscuits and the white chocolate ones were amazing! I will definitely buy these again. The Pick up! ones had dark chocolate in them and I am not a huge fan of it but it went down a treat with the boys who loved it. I will try the milk chocolate ones when I see them next!
- Walkers biscuits: These are a classic. You find them in all events, conferences and hotels. I love the chocolate chips ones.
- Schekters Organic Energy: I never have energy drinks so I didn’t try this but the boys seem to like it and they’ve bought it again.
- Williamson Tea This was the discovery brand of the month and I have to say it is pretty good. The ginger comes through so it a little spicy but in a good way! I know I will have many cups of this tea in the months to come.
- Delicious Alchemy Brownie mix: This was quite a big disappointment. We were quite excited to try this but the result wasn’t as exciting. The time it said on the bag was wrong and it took the double of time to cook so when it came out it was overcooked on the sides. The brownies were lacking flavour and we had to throw them away as 2 days later we had only eaten 2 small pieces. We will probably not try again but I would like to try the oat cookie mix. All the mixes are gluten free and they have as well bread mixes.
- Barilla penne and arrabbiata sauce: This is the normal pasta brand I buy so it was a winner. We eat a lot of pasta at home as it is easy to cook and fast. The arrabbiata sauce was a bit too spicy for me but it was good. I will buy again.
For the recipe, I thought of a pasta dish with the sauce, but I wanted to do something different. So here is my recipe for my frittata!
This frittata is easy to make and fast. I used the Spanish way of turning an omelette and used the ingredients I had at home and my fridge was pretty empty but it is a forgiving recipe so you can pretty much add anything you want: ham, veggies, etc.
Here is what you need:
- Leftover cooked pasta slightly warm
- 3 beaten eggs
- Handful of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- Any ingredients you want to add
Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper then add the cheese. Heat a non-stick pan with a small drizzle of olive oil and add the pasta. After a couple minutes, add the egg mixture to the pan and the rest of ingredients, if adding any. Let it cook for a few minutes on a high heat and while it is still runny on top, put a plate on it and turn it on the plate. Slowly push the omelette back onto the pan so all the runny egg cooks and makes a nice round omelette with the pasta inside. Cook for 5 minutes and transfer to a clean plate. Serve with a small salad on the side.
Note: The box was given to me free of charge but all opinions are mine.
Click here to find out more info about Degustabox and to get an amazing £6 discount used the code BLDEG15. You can as well follow them on Twitter and like them on where they post recipes and news from their products.
Let me know if you try it in the comments below or tweet me at @hungrylittleone. Don’t forget to Instagram me @hungrylittleone if you try this recipe!